Shop NBA Hats at Fanatics.com

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Buffalo Bills Mock NFL Draft Pick #9 for April 8

Bryan Bulaga - OT, Iowa

So with my first ever attempt at a mock draft it would of maybe helped to try this before. It doesn’t help at all that when I started writing this thing BREAKING NEWS came out that our own QB was traded to a division rival. Talk about bad timing. When I volunteered I didn’t think it was going to be that hard of a task. Then I received the Buffalo Bills. With glaring holes at basically every position it really was quite a headache to come up with a sure fire lock at the number 9 pick. I thought about the BPA scenario which I def think the Bills may consider, but personally I believe that ever since they traded us their starting LT its been their biggest need. I believe Bryan Bulaga out of Iowa would be the best bet to lock up that LT spot for years to come.

At 6’6 and weighing 314 lbs Bulaga is a force. Whoever the Bills start at their turnstile QB position it doesn’t matter unless you can keep him on his feet. Bulaga had a hell of a junior year being named the Big Ten Offensive lineman of the year. He had an impressive Hawkeye’s Orange Bowl victory holding Georgia Tech’s all-star DE Derrick Morgan in check. Bulaga’s run blocking is exceptional. A thyroid problem cause him to miss 3 games but many teams aren’t too worried about his after seeing his medical reports. Some may argue that pick number 9 is too high for Bulaga but I believe that it’s a major hole on this team that needs a immediate fix and can help new head coach Chan Gailey establish himself in Buffalo.

No comments: