Shop NBA Hats at Fanatics.com

Monday, October 4, 2010

Buffalo Bills Will Go 0-16 This Season

Sal Maiorana - # The Bills, Lions and 49ers are the last three winless NFL teams. Worst of the worst? No doubt about it, it’s the Bills.
# This one blew me away. I’m in the press box, midway through the fourth quarter, I’m on Twitter, and I see that a few of my Twitter followers were really mad at me for my treatment of the Bills during the game. Are you kidding? Was I supposed to defend that performance? Applaud it? Ignore the horror of it? I know reality stinks, but folks, what stinks is this team.
# The final score of 38-14 wasn’t even indicative of the way the game went. It wasn’t that close. The Jets had the ball 40 minutes, they rushed for 273 yards, outgained the Bills by 221 yards, and anyone who watched would have to agree — the score could have been worse.
# Say what you want about SS Donte Whitner, that he was a wasted first-round pick or whatever, but the guy cares. The losing kills him, and so does the embarrassment. More Bills should care that much.
# I have defended Lee Evans and sympathized with him per his situation with this woeful team, but this guy has to start making plays, too. He had a few chances against the blitzing Jets, and he did nothing with single coverage. His lone catch came in the final minute. It went for six yards. In his last 25 games, he’s had one catch of more than 40 yards. He’s good, but he’s not an elite receiver in the NFL.
# I think I’m going to skip my weekly ripping of Aaron Maybin. Besides, it’s tough to rip him when I never saw him on the field. Oops, that might have been a rip.
# The Bills rushed for 114 yards. Looks good, right? It wasn’t. Their three stud RBs combined for nine carries and 40 yards.
# The Jets rushed for 273 yards. Yeah, that looks good. LaDainian Tomlinson was too old to play for the Chargers, but he had 133 yards against the Bills. Shonn Greene had 117. First time two backs have topped 100 yards rushing against the Bills in the same game since 2007.
# I’m guessing that $24 million Chris Kelsay contract extension has a few fans riled up. Yes, you were riled up before the game, and then you watched him play Sunday. I don’t get it either.
# It will be interesting to see who gets cut today. Last week it was Trent Edwards. Anyone have any nominees today? And no, you can’t say the whole roster, even though it’s warranted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is there any possibility that Tom Galisono may step in and buy the Bills? He saved the Sabres from moving? this team will go nowhere until that demented Wilson sells them

Anonymous said...

Buffalo is under trouble times now I understand but, they can't be to confident especially when they have a big lead in the firs half and then lose...